Designed and crafted with solid gold and precious gemstones, a delicate yet precious possession must be cared for in order to last for generations.
Every piece of fine jewellery goes through a lot of pressure and stress when worn regularly.
We have compiled a list of helpful tips on taking care of your rings which will ensure your jewels maintain shine and brilliance forever. With a little tender, love & care, your jewellery will be set to dazzle for a long time to come.
- Always store each jewellery piece separately in a clean and dry environment. This prevents scratches and knocks that can damage both the metal and the gemstone set within. You can securely store your ring in Nolan and Vada’s complementary ring pouch or eco-friendly wooden box.
- Apply your lotions, cosmetics and perfumes before wearing your jewellery. Chemicals and oils can reduce the sparkle over time.
- Always remove jewellery before washing hands or going for a shower. Place jewellery securely away from the basin to avoid them easily slipping into the drain.
- Wipe your jewellery after each wear with a clean soft cloth to get rid of any dirt, grime or oil that could be left behind.
- Clean your rings at home with warm soapy water (fragrance free) and a soft toothbrush.
- Refrain from wearing jewellery when doing housework, gardening or exercising. Chemicals and pressure could cause prongs to become loose over time which may result in your centre stone falling out.
- Always remove jewellery when entering chlorine filled swimming pools, hot tubs and oceans in the summer. Excessive amounts of salt and chlorine can damage a gemstone and its complementing metal.
- Never let your jewellery come in contact with household chemicals.
- Never expose jewellery to sudden temperature changes and excessive sunlight. Sudden temperature changes can be harmful for jewellery.
Cleaning your ring
Many times, harmful chemicals and oils in jewellery cleaning liquids can also be harmful for certain gemstones and should be avoided.
One of the most efficient, safe and effective method to clean your gemstone engagement rings is in warm soapy water.
- Take a bowl of warm water with a dash of mild soap and a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Gently scrub away the dirt and grime from the hard to reach spots.
- Rinse and pat your ring dry with a soft lint free cloth.